GENERAL REGULATIONS – LIVE COOKING COMPETITION
- Contestants can come and use the facility 2 hours in advance. The use of facilities prior to this is strictly prohibited.
- Contestants are graded for cleanliness of the kitchen at the end of the competition. Non-clean kitchen carries a penalty of 10% of the total score
- Contestants must comply with HACCP hygiene rules before, during and after the competition.
- Promotion of products through competition and prizes is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply with this results in the disqualification of the contestant.
- Contestants must have their recipe printed in 4 copies in English.
- All food must be brought into the competition, in suitable containers and isothermal media.
- Ready made preparations are strictly prohibited and result in the contestant’s disqualification.
- Serving dishes should have the appropriate temperature depending on the preparation (hot / cold)
- Contestants may bring ready-made:
Basic broths – without rendering them.
Cleaned, washed, but not cut or mixed
Vegetables such as tomatoes, blanched
Vegetable purees are allowed
Fish: cleaned of scales and offal, but not filleted.
Shellfish: cleaned, raw in their shells.
Crustacean (shrimp, etc.): Cleaned, washed, boiled in their shells.
Meat and poultry: Filleted, but not in portions.
Dough: may come ready, but not cooked.
Dry ingredients: may be weighed, but not processed, in suitable containers.
Fruit: fruit purees are allowed.
- Taste & Composition – 50 points
Contestants must create a dish that delivers maximum flavor. The composition of the dish must be nutritionally balanced. The taste and colors of the dish should be in harmony and complement each other. The taste and texture should also be carefully attended, emphasizing on the main ingredient of the dish. The serving temperature should be correct and the aftertaste should be seriously taken into account.
- Correct professional preparation – 25 points
Hygiene organization, working skills and techniques, kitchen organization will be graded.
- Mise en place – 10 points
The preparation should be precise and show basic cooking skills. Kitchen organization, time management, temperature in sensitive products, cleanliness and proper packaging are taken into account.
- Presentation – 10 points
The dish should be presentable, tasty and have a nice appearance. The main ingredient should be easily identifiable and the plate cornices should not be used. The artistic presentation of the dish is of great importance.
- Correct serving time – 5 points
The contestant should serve his dishes within the time given